Four Middlemore Hospital staff have been stood down after a person who should have been self-isolating visited a patient, Stuff reports. A “couple of” security guards have also been stood down as a precaution, and the visitor in question has since returned a first negative test. “…anyone who is a close contact does need to be isolating, and there will be follow-ups to work out why the visitor wasn’t,” Dr Ashley Bloomfield said. Middlemore Hospital has been central to the latest outbreak after a number of patients have walked through the hospital doors, without knowing they had Covid.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions