The events preceding the LynnMall stabbings will be investigated by three agencies in a coordinated formal review, RNZ reports. The way terrorist Samsudeen was managed in custody and in the seven weeks leading up to the attack will be examined, and will ask if police, Department of Corrections and New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) did enough to assess and respond to the risk that Samsudeen posed. The police and the IPCA are already undertaking a separate review into the decision to shoot Samsudeen.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions