We know that stress and isolation associated with a lockdown can exacerbate underlying mental illnesses, Stuff reveals. New Zealanders, especially in Auckland, are at risk of experiencing a decline in their mental health as the groundhog days of an extended lockdown continue. Essential workers are most at risk of burnout, and a simple step we can all take is to show appreciation. In 2020, public displays of support for healthcare workers were widespread in other parts of the world, but not common in New Zealand.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions