Kiwi author Bruce Ansley and his brother Craig sailed from Picton to Auckland, circumnavigating the North Island, on Craig’s yacht The Crocus, NZ Herald reports. In his book Wild Journeys, released in paperback this month, Bruce recounts their journey. “Small-boat voyages are the stuff of dreams, of sailing blue seas with one hand on the tiller and the other clutching a tall drink, one eye on the horizon and the other seeing palm trees beyond. I’ve yet to have one like that…” © Abridged extract from Wild Journeys by Bruce Ansley published by HarperCollins New Zealand.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions