Despite just three sub-clusters of coronavirus in the community, the entire Auckland region remains in Alert Level 3, Newshub reveals, leading to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern being asked if she’s considering switching to localised lockdowns. “We have discussed that,” Ardern said, adding, “There’s a lot of complexity in some of the clusters we have at the moment and their reach hasn’t always been totally localised.” University of Auckland disease modeller Shaun Hendy agreed, saying when a cluster is discovered in Auckland, “the chances that the cluster extends across the city is relatively high”.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions