Auckland Council has been successful in securing $1.9m over two years from the DOC administered Jobs for Nature Fund to support kauri dieback work in the region. Mayor Phil Goff says, “I welcome this extra funding from the government, which will be a shot in the arm for Council’s kauri dieback protection work and support increased employment opportunities for Aucklanders.” The funding will enable an accelerated kauri protection programme to open more recreational opportunities across Auckland while maintaining and creating 12 full-time employment opportunities over a two-year period.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions