Illegal dumping is a problem across the Auckland region, but with Thomas Road in Flatbush becoming a hot-spot, Howick Local Board Chair Adele White wants it stopped, Auckland Council reports. “It’s as if some mindless minority think it’s acceptable to dump their rubbish as soon as they are anywhere vaguely rural.” White says. “That’s not only a source of huge frustration but a waste of resources and a burden on ratepayers who ultimately pay the bill to pick it up.” As well as inorganic collections across the city, the makethemostofwaste.co.nz website lists ways Aucklanders can reduce their waste.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions