Two gang members have been caught by police with $100,000 cash and “car boot-full of KFC” at Auckland’s southern border, NZ Herald reports. Officers became suspicious of a vehicle travelling on a gravel road on Sunday, which pulled a U-turn before speeding off trying to evade police. The vehicle eventually pulled over and police discovered they had been travelling from Hamilton trying to get into Auckland. The men, aged 23 and 30, will appear in court at a later date for breaching the Health Order. Further charges are likely.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions