A second university student has been caught breaching Covid-19 lockdown rules by flying out of Auckland without an exemption, raising questions about the checks being carried out at airports, Stuff reveals. It comes after Stuff revealed that another student was able to fly from Auckland to Dunedin without an exemption, prompting a police investigation. Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins called the breaches “disappointing”. The student has been fined $300 and told she would be issued with an infringement notice.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions