Delta is twice as infectious as the original wild-type variant, but the level 4 lockdown measures are proving effective so far, NZ Herald reports, stating the reasons Auckland needs to hang in there on the frontline. Should the virus find its way into essential workplaces, it could prolong the outbreak significantly. The best way to prevent this is everyone doing their bit to deny the virus any chance to spread, which means Aucklanders need to stick to their bubbles. As experience in Australia shows, we need to get it right the first time. With Delta we might not get a second chance.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions