Green Party tertiary education spokesperson Chlöe Swarbrick has launched a petition calling for immediate and meaningful support for students during the COVID-19 pandemic, Newshub reveals. “COVID-19 has impacted so many of our vulnerable communities disproportionately and students have been hit hard. We believe all students should have access to direct financial support so that they can continue to study safely during these difficult times.” The Auckland-based MP said students are already facing high living costs and the lockdown has exacerbated things for them.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions