Epidemiologist Michael Baker says it’s clear the current COVID-19 outbreak isn’t under control, Newshub reports. And it’ll be hard to shift Auckland down alert levels next week if there’s a pattern of high cases in the coming days. The mystery cases are of concern to Professor Baker: “If you’re getting those cases every day, that’s a sign that we haven’t got control of the outbreak in Auckland at the moment.” At this point, it’s Auckland that cuts a lonely figure in New Zealand’s Delta dilemma. And vaccines and testing are the only way the city just might be able to unshackle itself from what seems like endless restrictions.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions