When the wealthy businessman who’s attempting to fund a cup defence in Auckland – against Team NZ’s wishes – was copied into a controversial email last week, all hell broke loose. The Spinoff looks at the background story and ponders what Grant Dalton could do next. While Team NZ insists, correctly, that the inquiries into the team’s governance found no wrongdoing, it did find that having Dalton as chief executive of both the team and the company running the event was sub-optimal. The government, Auckland council entities and key private donors have all made it clear they will not support such poorly governed arrangements again.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions