Aucklanders are heading into a critical week with health experts warning the Covid-19 outbreak could go either way, RNZ reveals. Aucklanders are urging their fellow city-dwellers to follow the rules after reports of people flocking to popular beach suburbs during the weekend, with pictures showing some unmasked and in close proximity. One local said, “To see people converging at such numbers, I find it very hard to watch because we’ve really, really hunkered down and tried so hard.” Many Aucklanders dread the idea that lockdowns could continue through to Christmas if the region can’t get on top of the outbreak.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions