Tāmaki Makaurau has spent longer in 2021’s Covid-19 alert level 4 lockdown this time around than the nationwide level 4 lockdown in 2020, Stuff reflects. And that is a sacrifice that should not be underestimated. The entire country did four weeks under Alert Level 4, but Auckland has gone further – and still faces at least two weeks under a similarly restrictive level 3. Yet the power of putting community and whānau before self has been highlighted by Aucklanders, who can enjoy the simple but important pleasures in the move down the alert levels, and reflect on the power they held in making it possible.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions