Dr Peter Saxton, a senior lecturer in population health at the University of Auckland’s medical and health sciences faculty, says tackling the spread of syphilis and HIV among gay and bisexual men is vital to arrest the spread of the two potentially deadly conditions. He is also a member of a recently established Ministry of Health working group set up to tackle the spread of sexually transmitted and blood-borne viruses and diseases, Stuff reports. “If people can’t access free, accessible STI screening that suits them, then the potential for undiagnosed transmission is higher,” Dr Saxton said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions