A man on remand at Mt Eden prison has tested positive for Covid-19, RNZ reveals. The man initially denied having any symptoms of Covid-19 when he arrived, but they were detected the following day. Two new places of interest have been added to the Ministry of Health’s tracing list in connection with the man, one in Mt Albert and one in Māngere. “Five corrections staff and six prisoners are close contacts of the man and are isolating,” said Director of public health Caroline McElnay.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions