A number of favourite Auckland attractions are offering virtual tours to enjoy from the comfort of home – a particularly relevant service during lockdown, Auckland Council reveals. The Auckland Art Gallery Toi O Tāmaki is showcasing a number of recent displays, while the Auckland War Memorial Museum has a selection of former exhibitions, new displays and galleries to wander. MOTAT is also in on the show, letting viewers explore Aviation Hall or the Get Smart exhibition, and even the Botanical Gardens offers a range of walk-through nature videos.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions