Auckland Libraries has wiped all overdue fines and won’t be issuing any in the future, regardless of how late a book is returned or where you live in Tāmaki Makaurau, RNZ reports. Louise LaHatte from Auckland Libraries says acccess to reading “should be available to everyone”, adding, “Fines are a barrier to that because there are people who just can’t afford fines.” The library says the new policy doesn’t include inter-library loan overdue fines for books requested from libraries outside of Auckland.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions