Michael Barnett, chief executive of the Auckland Business Chamber said the relief for businesses – now stepping into Level 3 from Tuesday midnight – could not be overstated, Stuff reports. “Patience of the business community was at an all-time low, so moving into level 3 was an absolute must and the government has delivered on that,” Barnett said. Kirk Hope, chief executive of Business New Zealand said the job was not over yet. “There are a lot of businesses who still can’t fully operate at level 3. The quicker we can get to level 2 the faster we can help those businesses,” Hope said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions