An Auckland bus driver who was left with serious injuries after being attacked last night, was the victim of another assault last month, RNZ reveals. Police have arrested and charged a man following the “violent and unprovoked attack” on the bus driver in Waterview last night. Detective Senior Sergeant Cox says it was an “appalling act of violence on one of the community’s essential workers, who was just going about their job”, police will be further increasing their patrols and visibility on and around buses to ensure the safety of drivers.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions