A woman who later tested positive for COVID-19 was held in custody at Waitākere Police Station last Thursday, with police shutting down the District Custody Unit after being notified by Corrections of the positive case on Sunday afternoon. Newshub reveals when the officers arrested the woman for a breach of bail and burglary-related offences, she was asymptomatic and had undergone a health screening test. The woman was initially taken back to North Shore Policing Centre for interview. This building is also closed to the public, and the room and any area which she was in has been deep-cleaned.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions