As the number of COVID-19 cases rises in New Zealand’s current outbreak, worryingly, so do the hospitalisations, Newshub reports. So far, 511 cases have been reported in the current outbreak, 83 of which were announced on Sunday. None of those hospitalised are fully vaccinated and just eight of the 34 have had one dose. A higher number of women are in hospital – 21 women compared to 13 men. Seven of those in hospital are in their 30s, four in their 20s, and one is under the age of 20.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions