Westpac has stated that mass vaccinations won’t be enough to control the Delta variant of Covid and people will need to accept other controls once the border opens to avoid “unacceptable health outcomes”, Stuff reports. The bank believes that vaccination rates would need to be maintained above 90 per cent to achieve “herd immunity”, a goal which acting senior economist Michael Gordon did not think was achievable.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions