A man sleeping in an Auckland central park has made an emotional plea for him and other homeless not to be treated “like animals” during the pandemic after being barred from his residence during level 4 lockdown, Newshub reports. The man said he is not allowed back into his James Liston Hostel room – where he pays rent – because he was not there when New Zealand entered level 4 lockdown. He says he called WINZ and was told he cannot receive assistance as he is already in transitional housing – despite not being able to access it.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions