An Auckland squash club has played a key role in an Australian murder-mystery television series as the city’s flourishing screen industry puts a premium on studio space, Stuff reports. My Life is Murder follows former homicide detective Alexa Crowe – played by Kiwi actress Lucy Lawless – as she confronts “baffling crimes as well as coping with the frustrations of everyday life” in Auckland. Series producer Mark Beesley said the shift from Melbourne to Tāmaki Makaurau was Lawless’s idea.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions