The Government’s decision to open the borders while continuing to stamp out every case of Covid-19 will further stretch already strained public health teams, Marc Daalder of Newsroom reports. Daalder notes that the decision to progressively open the borders in 2022 and continue to deal with Covid-19 incursions through contact tracing, testing and case isolation, means the Government has ultimately piled more work on the already full plates of strained public health staff.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions