Jess Sandoval of Endo Warriors Aotearoa provides free packs of sanitary items to those who can’t afford them, but she can’t keep up with demand in lockdown, Stuff reports. “A lot of messages I’ve got are mums who are saying: ‘I’ll use rags. If I have enough toilet paper, I’ll use that, but my kids come first.’ ” Sandoval said. She believed the spike was being driven by job losses due to the pandemic, greater awareness of the help that’s out there, and closures of schools, where sanitary items were free for students.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions