The Spinoff’s Justin Latif recently chatted with Manawawharepu Udy about creating a warm and welcoming co-working space that also sells homegrown fashion and beautiful indigenous art – all while mentoring young creatives. Grid MNK is not just a funky place to work. The business behind it, Ngahere Communities, also runs an e-commerce site, Konei, which markets and sells NZ-made products by primarily Māori and Pacific-owned enterprises, and a mentoring initiative called Tukua which supports budding Māori and Pacific creatives.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’