Franklin residents are invited to have their say on whether their roads should have lower speed limits, particularly around schools, town centres and marae, Stuff reports. Auckland Transport (AT) will run consultation for a month, beginning September 6, on a move to amend the Speed Limits Bylaw. It comes after 36 people were killed on Auckland’s roads in 2020, with a disproportionate number of those deaths in Franklin, AT’s Natalie Polley said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions