The government has quietly established a transfer zone for foreign shipping crew in a busy commercial area in Auckland, RNZ reveals. Shipping crews are being transferred from international flights, or a short MIQ stay, to a shed at Tamaki Marine Park, before being ferried to ships waiting out at sea. Otago University professor and public health expert Nick Wilson has criticised the arrangement as a sign that New Zealand is not taking the highly infectious Covid-19 Delta variant seriously.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions