Dr Siouxsie Wiles loves her home in Freemans Bay, Auckland, and would like to spend more time there playing board games – Joanna Davis of Stuff had a chat with the Auckland University associate professor and microbiologist, New Zealander of the Year, and our favourite pandemic communicator. Wiles runs the Bioluminescent Superbugs Lab at the University of Auckland, and was supreme winner at the Women of Influence Awards. Nominations for this year’s Women of Influence Awards close on August 16. Visit womenofinfluence.co.nz to nominate the trailblazing women you know..
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions