The estimated cost of an Auckland harbour crossing by tunnel, as promoted by Finance Minister Grant Robertson on Tuesday last week, has now ballooned to $15 billion, NZ Herald reveals. The new estimated cost is a 50% increase on the previous estimate of $10 billion. The new amount was revealed in a briefing note for Robertson and Transport Minister Michael Wood, dated May 11, and was released to the Herald under the Official Information Act.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions