The estimated cost of an Auckland harbour crossing by tunnel, as promoted by Finance Minister Grant Robertson on Tuesday last week, has now ballooned to $15 billion, NZ Herald reveals. The new estimated cost is a 50% increase on the previous estimate of $10 billion. The new amount was revealed in a briefing note for Robertson and Transport Minister Michael Wood, dated May 11, and was released to the Herald under the Official Information Act.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’