A civil contracting firm has become the first to be convicted of stealing water from Auckland’s supply network, and has been fined $4900, Stuff reports. Watercare said Powerhouse Civil took significant volumes of water through fire hydrants in March and again May 2020, despite being warned after the first instance. The Drury-based firm admitted four charges and was convicted in the Auckland District Court for breaches of the 2002 Local Government Act, the 2015 Auckland Council Water Supply and Wastewater bylaw and the 1956 Health Act.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions