A group of Auckland students are asking the Government to change its rules to make gender-neutral bathrooms in schools compulsory, Stuff reports. Asher Shah, Sophie Rear, Magdalene Ross, all 15, and Brianna Outshoorn, 16, from Albany Senior High School surveyed 60 of their peers and found 75% would support the addition of a gender-neutral bathroom at the school. Principal Claire Amos said the school’s senior leadership team is wholly supportive of the idea, as the school currently has 11 students who openly identify as non-binary or are transitioning.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions