Auckland’s mayor Phil Goff says the lockdown remains the best way for the city to eventually get back to level 1, RNZ reports, with Cabinet deciding to keep Auckland in Alert Level 4 until at least 11.59pm on Tuesday 31 August. Goff said he is still pushing for people in Auckland, especially more vulnerable populations, to be given vaccination priority, as he did last year. He said as the gateway city, Auckland is the city that’s most likely to go into lockdown and the latest Covid-19 outbreak just proves that point.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions