An alleged shooting involving an illegal AK-47 rifle ended peacefully after an hour long stand-off with the Armed Offenders Squad in Auckland on Monday afternoon, Stuff reports. Inspector Kerry Watson of Ōtāhuhu Station said, “When we’re talking about illegal firearms with high-calibre rounds, its quite potentially dangerous, and it’s safer for us and the community if we use our specialist staff.” Two people are in custody after the incident, which began in West Auckland and ended in Māngere East several hours later.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions