Police and fire investigators are still investigating the cause of a house fire in central Auckland, Stuff reports. The fire broke out at 5.40pm on Saturday in a block of flats on Grey Lynn’s Great North Rd. The blaze was well-involved by the time Fire and Emergency NZ arrived, and the busy main road had to be closed for up to four hours while it was brought under control. Three people were injured in the fire, with all three taken to Auckland City Hospital – one person remains in critical condition.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids