Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has said the Afghanistan evacuation mission “will literally come down to what is possible and when”, Stuff reveals. Her comments came on Tuesday, after she announced on Monday that a Defence Force plane, with about 40 personnel, would be sent to Afghanistan to help evacuate New Zealanders and Afghan allies. Ardern told media on the Government was doing everything that it could to rescue New Zealanders and Afghan nationals that have helped the Defence Force over the years of New Zealand’s engagement in the country.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions