MetService issued 18 weather warnings and watches for the front moving over the Tasman Sea, with strong to gale-force winds expected from Sunday afternoon onwards, Stuff reports. MetService metrologist Dan Corrigan advises Auckland motorists to drive to the conditions on Monday morning, and watch out for any road closures or transport changes. While a weather front like this was not unusual in winter, Corrigan said it was unique in the way it lines up the whole country.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions