A protector at the Kennedy Point marina site was left with a sprained neck and wrist after construction crew “rammed” her with their boat while she was protesting in the water, Stuff reports. Days after the incident, Aiya van Kooten, 28, is still shaken and recovering. She was trapped between buoys with her head held underwater. Kooten filed a police complaint after experiencing what she called “extreme violence” while “peacefully protesting” in her ancestral moana.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions