Police have arrested two men following a spate of bag thefts in east and south Auckland dating back as far as May, Stuff reports. Two men, aged 22 and 24, face numerous charges relating to theft and other dishonesty offences. Investigations remain ongoing with police not ruling out further arrests or more charges being laid. The two men were using stolen vehicles to park in behind their victims in order to steal their belongings, police said. Following police release of a video on social media, they would like to acknowledge the community’s strong reaction to the appeal.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions