Police have arrested two men following a spate of bag thefts in east and south Auckland dating back as far as May, Stuff reports. Two men, aged 22 and 24, face numerous charges relating to theft and other dishonesty offences. Investigations remain ongoing with police not ruling out further arrests or more charges being laid. The two men were using stolen vehicles to park in behind their victims in order to steal their belongings, police said. Following police release of a video on social media, they would like to acknowledge the community’s strong reaction to the appeal.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’