Auckland rents continue to climb, but central Auckland is bucking the trend, Newshub reports. New figures from Barfoot and Thompson show the average weekly rent in the region is now $605 – up 2.9 percent in 2020. The data is based on the 16,500 rental properties Barfoot manages. Every area in Auckland bar one has experienced a year-on-year increase – led by south Auckland, where average rents rose by 4.8 percent, and west Auckland, where rents are now up 4.2 percent on the same time in 2020.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions