Ambulance services have been stretched to breaking point over the past week, leading to St John declaring a “level 2 major incident,” NZ Herald reports. St John has set up an emergency operations centre in Auckland which opened 4pm on Thursday. The centre will operate from 8.30am to 7.30pm daily, focusing on the pressures in emergency ambulance services and patient transfers in Auckland. Last week saw the highest number of 111 calls and emergency ambulance service incidents since records began.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’