The number of babies requiring hospitalisation with respiratory virus (RSV) is twice the expected rate, while an expert warns the peak is possibly yet to come, Stuff reports. Adding to concern is the critically low levels of prednisolone, a steroid medication used to treat RSV among children. Latest data shows there were 735 new cases of RSV across the country in the week to Sunday, July 11, up from 688 the week prior.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid