Police have dismantled the floating occupation at Waiheke’s Kennedy Point marina site, arresting a number of protectors for trespassing, Stuff reports. The protesters, Protect Pūtiki group, had been camping out on the pontoon in the construction zone for a week. The tents have now been cleared off the pontoon. Police could be seen lining the fence to the breakwater, and standing guard on the pontoon.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions