Auckland District Court Judge Dawson has ruled that social commentator Pebbles Hooper’s posts about Auckland baker Bernadette Gee were continuous, unfounded and abusive, Stuff reports. Gee, who owns Auckland bakery Magnolia Kitchen, told the court Hooper subjected her to sustained online bullying. She sought relief under the Harmful Digital Communications Act after the commentator made a number of social media posts about Gee and her family. Judge Dawson ruled Hooper had breached a number of principles in the Act.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid