As the Papatoetoe tornado response team moves to a recovery phase, there are still 51 people in emergency accommodation and 10 homes red stickered, RNZ reports. Auckland Emergency Management group controller Kate Crawford confirmed help and support will continue to be offered for those most directly affected by the June 19th tornado. The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s temporary accommodation service is still helping those left homeless by the tornado while the Mayoral Relief Fund and MSD grants are available for those needing money.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions