Police have released a list of the most commonly stolen cars along with a warning to have security measures in place to help prevent theft, TVNZ reveals. In a statement, Inspector Trevor Beggs of Tamaki Makaurau Police said car owners, particularly those with a Mazda Demio or Nissan Tiida, should have security measures in place to help prevent their vehicles from being stolen by offenders. It comes as almost 9500 vehicles were reported as stolen across Auckland over the past year.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions