Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Whātua has filed court action against the proposed contentious Dome Valley dump in Tāmaki Makaurau, RNZ reports. The appeal in the Environment Court is alongside another, submitted by residents battling the dump north of Auckland. Resource consent was granted to Waste Management for a 60 hectare dump in the Wayby Valley, adjacent to the Dome Valley and about 5km from Warkworth.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions